Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fork Blades

I was expecting to have my fork blades bent over the weekend and writing up the process early this week, complete with color photos and maybe even an informal interview with the frame builder who said he would help me.

None of this happened.

Instead, I waited around all Saturday afternoon for a call, only to never receive one.  I sent the guy an e-mail Monday morning asking what happened, and his reply told me that he would be available today, Tuesday - just drop the blades off at his shop.  So, there will likely not be any photos or talk with the frame builder and I have no insight in to when this work will actually get done.

I realize that asking to bend my fork blades is pretty small potatoes compared to purchasing a full custom frame, but there is a certain amount of professionalism that is lacking here.  Even a phone call trying to reschedule would have been fine with me.

Best case scenario - I get the blades bent today and everyone goes home happy.  In reality, I'm expecting that it will take a few days and I won't get to continue work until after the July 4 holiday.  If everything conspires against me, the work won't get done, I won't get my blades back, and I'll be out twenty bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment